Dispersion Strengthened Platinum
- Higher creep rupture strength and tensile strength at high temperature than conventional platinum materials
- Much longer service life than conventional platinum materials
- Smaller thickness with performance equivalent to that of conventional platinum materials
- Lower cost with a smaller amount of platinum used
Bushings for glass fiber production, optical glass production equipment, glass production equipment for electronic components, thin glass production equipment, crystal glass production equipment, etc.
Cross-sectional diagram of crystalline structure
Normal platinum (melted material)
- Because the aspect ratio (ratio of length and width) of the crystalline structure of oxide-dispersion-strengthened platinum is greater than that of normal platinum (melted material), creep strength becomes much higher and usage of precious metals can be reduced.
- Crystal growth at high temperatures is reduced.
|Product name||Composition (wt%)||Melting point
This is a material with little creep deformation. It has reduced crystal growth at high temperatures and good high-temperature creep strength. It is mainly used in areas where platinum-rhodium alloys cannot be used, such as optical glass melting equipment.
This is a material with little creep deformation. It has reduced crystal growth at high temperatures and good high-temperature creep strength. It is used for various glass melting equipment etc.
Compared to nanoplat®Pt, this material has better high-temperature creep strength and less creep deformation. It is used when high strength is required but platinum-rhodium alloys cannot be used, such as for base plates of bushings, stirrers, and reinforcing materials.
Compared to nanoplat®R, this material has better high-temperature creep strength and less creep deformation. It is used for base plates of bushings, stirrers, reinforcing materials, and such that require high strength.
- ５）nanoplat®PtAu5、nanoplat®Pt Au5（CG）
This is a strengthened platinum material based on 5% platinum-gold and has poor wettability with glass. nanoplat®PtAu5 has reduced crystal growth at high temperatures, good high-temperature creep strength, and less creep deformation, and nanoplat®PtAu5 (CG) does not have crystal growth or separation and was mainly developed for bead pans.
This is a strengthened platinum material which has high-temperature creep strength equivalent to 10-20% platinum-rhodium and reduced crystal growth. Among strengthened platinum materials, it has the most creep deformation and high thermal fatigue resistance.
- ７）nanoplat®DT * New strengthened platinum material
This is a strengthened platinum material with improved creep deformation, thermal fatigue resistance, and plastic deformability compared to nanoplat®Pt.
【nanoplat®series】High-Temperature Creep Correlation Diagram
【nanoplat®series】Comparison of Thermal Fatigue Characteristics