Equipment and Measuring Devices
Platinum Material for Glass Melting Equipment
We offer glass melting equipment capable of withstanding harsh conditions that meet customer specifications.
Oxide (ZrO2)-dispersion-strengthened platinum materials are available to use with platinum equipment for producing high quality glass. Our platinum materials prevent the equipment or components from deforming at high temperatures, prolonging their service life. Platinum-rhodium and platinum-gold alloy dispersion strengthened materials are also available to suit customer specifications.
Dispersion Strengthened Platinum
- Higher creep rupture strength and tensile strength at high temperature than conventional platinum materials
- Much longer service life than conventional platinum materials
- Smaller thickness with performance equivalent to that of conventional platinum materials
- Lower cost with a smaller amount of platinum used
Bushings for glass fiber production, optical glass production equipment, glass production equipment for electronic components, thin glass production equipment, crystal glass production equipment, etc.
Cross-sectional diagram of crystalline structure
Normal platinum (melted material)
- Because the aspect ratio (ratio of length and width) of the crystalline structure of oxide-dispersion-strengthened platinum is greater than that of normal platinum (melted material), creep strength becomes much higher and usage of precious metals can be reduced.
- Crystal growth at high temperatures is reduced.
|Product name||Composition (wt%)||Melting point
This is a material with little creep deformation. It has reduced crystal growth at high temperatures and good high-temperature creep strength. It is mainly used in areas where platinum-rhodium alloys cannot be used, such as optical glass melting equipment.
This is a material with little creep deformation. It has reduced crystal growth at high temperatures and good high-temperature creep strength. It is used for various glass melting equipment etc.
Compared to nanoplat®Pt, this material has better high-temperature creep strength and less creep deformation. It is used when high strength is required but platinum-rhodium alloys cannot be used, such as for base plates of bushings, stirrers, and reinforcing materials.
Compared to nanoplat®R, this material has better high-temperature creep strength and less creep deformation. It is used for base plates of bushings, stirrers, reinforcing materials, and such that require high strength.
- ５）nanoplat®PtAu5、nanoplat®Pt Au5（CG）
This is a strengthened platinum material based on 5% platinum-gold and has poor wettability with glass. nanoplat®PtAu5 has reduced crystal growth at high temperatures, good high-temperature creep strength, and less creep deformation, and nanoplat®PtAu5 (CG) does not have crystal growth or separation and was mainly developed for bead pans.
This is a strengthened platinum material which has high-temperature creep strength equivalent to 10-20% platinum-rhodium and reduced crystal growth. Among strengthened platinum materials, it has the most creep deformation and high thermal fatigue resistance.
- ７）nanoplat®DT * New strengthened platinum material
This is a strengthened platinum material with improved creep deformation, thermal fatigue resistance, and plastic deformability compared to nanoplat®Pt.